Monday, 26 October 2015

PAST SIMPLE, PAST CONTINUOUS



PAST SIMPLE



We use past simple when the present have no connection with the action. and to describe a thing that is finished in the past.

 Aleix saw a monkey.
Guillem laid in his house.

When the verb is regular, allways finish with -ed, but with the irregular we have to look at the third column of th list of the verbs.

REGULAR: played
IRREGULAR: fell/fallen

When it finish with a time word. for example.

I went to the cinema yesterday.
We visited Japan in 2007.



PAST CONTINUOUS

We use past continuous when we talk about what we were doing at the moment in the past.

I was jumping in the park.
Aleix was drawing a grat picture.

A continuous action in the past which is interrupted by another action or a time:
I was talking with her WHEN the phone rang
He were jumping when she called him.

For two actions which happened at the same time in the past:

I was watching TV and he was reading.


+                                                              
I was 
you were 
He/She/It was
We/you they were



-
I wasn't 
you weren't
he/she/it wasn't 
We/you they weren't 


?
Was I....?
Were you....?
Was he/she/it....?
Were we/you they....?

No comments:

Post a Comment